We are delighted to be serving the Appomattox area and seek to be the area leader in Southern hospitality and farm-to-table dining. If there is anything we can do to make your experience with us better, please let us know.
To better serve you and ensure the comfort and safety of all of our guests, we ask that during your visit you abide by the following policies:
IN THE RESTAURANT
- CHILDREN SHOULD BE ACCOMPANIED BY AN ADULT AT ALL TIMES.
- TABLES WILL NOT BE SEATED UNTIL ALL MEMBERS OF YOUR PARTY ARE PRESENT; YOU MAY FORFEIT YOUR PLACE IF YOU ARE MORE THAN FIFTEEN MINUTES LATE FOR YOUR RESERVATIONS.
- GRATUITY MAY BE ADDED TO PARTIES OF EIGHT OR MORE.
- PARTIES OF TWELVE OR MORE REQUIRE SPECIAL PREPARATION ON OUR PART. IF YOUR PARTY IS SHORT TWO OR MORE PEOPLE, A CHAIR FEE WILL BE CHARGED.
- WE DO NOT ALLOW OUTSIDE FOOD OR DRINK TO BE BROUGHT INTO THE RESTAURANT. CAKE AND CORKAGE FEES APPLY.
- GENTLEMEN, SLEEVELESS SHIRTS ARE NOT PERMITTED AND PLEASE REMOVE YOUR HATS.
- ALL MENU ITEMS WILL BE PREPARED AS DESCRIBED. PLEASE ASK IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT INGREDIENTS OR SEASONINGS THAT ARE USED. NO SUBSTITUTES OR CREDITS WILL BE GIVEN DUE TO ITEMS BEING PREPARED AS DESCRIBED ON THE MENU.
Reservations can be made by calling the inn between 8:00 am and 8:00 pm at 434-352-7532 or emailing us at any time at firstname.lastname@example.org. We ask for a credit card number in order to hold the room.
A 72 hour notice of cancellation is required to avoid a charge on your card. Cancelling less than three days in advance of your reservation will result in a 100% charge of your stay. Any items purchased with your reservation such as flowers or attraction tickets may require a non-refundable deposit. Non-refundable rates are paid in advance and are NON-REFUNDABLE.
All rooms are priced for double occupancy. Some of our rooms can accommodate more than two people for a charge of $25/person per night.
Payment is due upon departure. A 10.3% lodging tax is added to all room totals. Cash, traveler’s checks, Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express are accepted.
Guests are responsible for any damages to the facility, including but not limited to bedding, linens, towels, rugs, indoor/outdoor furniture, decor and antiques. Damages will be charged at replacement cost to the credit card on file.
Due to restaurant hours, we ask that you check-in between 2:00 pm and 5:00 pm if possible. *Please ring the doorbell upon arrival.* Late check-ins can be accommodated if we know about them ahead of time. Early check-ins are allowed based on availability for a $20/hr fee.
Please be ready to check-out by 11:00am to allow adequate time to prepare for incoming guests. You may store your luggage with us if you would like to spend the day touring Appomattox.
Breakfast is served from 8:00am to 9:00am. Please notify us with any special dietary needs or restrictions you may have and we will do our best to accommodate.
Due to the age and historic value of our property, smoking is not permitted inside the inn. There are areas on all our porches for smoking. Violation of this policy may result in an extra cleaning fee and being asked to leave without a refund.
Well behaved children are welcome to enjoy our historic inn. Children should be accompanied by an adult at all times.
We cannot permit guests’ pets in consideration of other inn guests. If you are traveling with your pets, please call us for a list of local boarding kennels.
Complimentary off-street parking is provided for guests of The Babcock House.
If you have any questions about our policies, please call us at (434) 352 – 7532 or email us at email@example.com.